"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Friday, September 25, 2009

Where were you 25 July?




I know exactly where I was!
Today 2 months ago Samuel and I started our journey home. We left Ghana at about 11:30pm on Saturday night the 25th and arrived in Johannesburg on Sunday morning at about 7am. Samuel was still very sleepy when he greeted his Daddy and sisters after an absence of almost 5 months - lots of hugs and tears brought out a shy smile from him though.

We were very aware of God's hand over our adoption journey and for our trip home, God provided one of His helpers by the name of Chris. Whilst getting ready to pack Samuel's things, Corrie and I realised that our weight allocation of 40kg would never do - Samuel was blessed with so many things from his foster family and then there was the other gifts from Ghana for future birthdays as well! With the walking ring, definitely way over 40kgs!!
As packing started a day early, we declared that God knew of our need and trusted that He would send an answer. On Friday afternoon Rene, another "Ghana family sister" phoned to say that a a good friend of theirs were booked on my flight and offered to help with luggage, etc as he had very little luggage. Chris was truly sent by God - he got a proper weight workout with helping with wrapping; booking us in with him (joint luggage 70.4kg; allocation 70kg!!!); then the whole immigration and boarding process followed. At Johannesburg airport, Chris made sure I had all the luggage and walked with me all the way to the arrival lounge - all this prior to his flight to Cape Town.

I would definitely have to rate my "coming home" flight with Samuel as one of the most emotional homecomings ever. Looking at him asleep on the seats next to me, I thought of how blessed we were to be chosen to raise this special boy. Yes, the responsibility of it all as older parents are overwhelming at times, but I also know that God is right there with us, giving us all we need to help Samuel be who God wants him to be.

Its hard to think that the little man has only been home for 2 months, he has been in our hearts since day 1 (11 January) and it feels as if he has been part of our family forever.

"Thank you Lord for bringing home all those precious new children into forever families. Thank you for the love You pour into each forever family in order to overflow into new lives. Thank you for being a loving, protecting, awesome Father to each of our children. Thank you for the plans You have for them in Your Kingdom."

1 comment:

  1. What can I say- I'm in tears ALL over again!!!! You are all too precious!!

    ReplyDelete