Samuel has now been home 6 months and we cannot imagine what our lives would be like without him. It just feels as if he had always been part of our family. Samuel now weighs just over 10.5 kg and stands about 76cm tall - he thinks its funny when we try to measure his height, constantly wriggling. And since he has discovered walking, he is busy,busy,busy.......
Us girls started organising his 2nd birthday party this weekend (yes, I know way to early if its only 4 Febr, but this is Zimbabwe) and in the process I looked back at photos taken last year this time and was just blown away by the plans God had for this little man.
I sent this photo to Kelly almost a year ago when Samuel managed to sit on his own in the bath. We were so happy for the progress made in just 2 short weeks.Now..... the little man tries to get out by himself when he has had enough - which doesn't happen often. He loves water!!! :)
This is a photo Mariette sent me when he had his first haircut & the thought that I was not his forever Mommy, almost broke my heart - thank you Lord that You knew.
This is our little man after his "grown up" haircut today. Innocent (the barber) thought it was time for a change in style. I love it & Samuel knows how to use it!! :)
These past 2 weeks the "parents-in-waiting" have been in my heart constantly. Many prayers have been said for paperwork, court dates, passports, visas & travel mercies not only for the children in Ghana, but also for those in Haiti and other countries waiting to go home. I ask that we continue to pray for each child-in-waiting; each family-in-waiting; each child waiting.......
As a friend's blog states:
"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, orphans,
& all of the injustices in the world when He could do something about it ...
BUT I'm afraid He might ask me the same thing ..."


No comments:
Post a Comment