"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Monday, July 19, 2010

"In waiting"


This month has been rather hectic. Apart from the home school responsibilities - yes, I still hate doing the Progress Reports because doesn't matter how well I prepare, its still stressfull :) - I was also running around to get our paperwork sorted out.

Our dossier finally went off to Ghana, another document was needed and that was sent too. Passports have been dusted off and visa applications collected.
Now we are officially "in waiting" :) - trusting God for his perfect time in growing our family.

To try and explain emotions as you wait to bring a child home is very difficult.
My friend at BH calls it a rollercoaster ride and she is spot on.
Court dates, paperwork, passports and visas all make for wild ride - BUT it is so worth it, each time!!

The day I handed over the dossier at the DHL counter, I was an emotional mess - the prospect of another son was so exciting, yet there are so many still waiting to be part of a forever family and I prayed that many adoption dossiers would be leaving DHL/UPS counters that day.
Also we had never thought that we would be blessed with a son, soon we would have 2 :)

God is so amazing. He moved us out of our comfort zone in South Africa to start a work in us that is ongoing each day. He has blessed us far beyond what we could ever deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment