"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Friday, October 8, 2010

The joy of a brother

A few photos taken over the past 2 months.
We have settled in well and the boys are getting along like "real" brothers :) Some healthy sibling rivalry, yet lots of bonding.
Samuel makes it very clear when his space is invaded or he needs alone time - he has become very possessive of George. Yet, he is very protective as an older brother - he doesn't like strangers wanting to pick up Michael and at playgroup he checks up on Michael.
Michael is a very verbal little one, laughing & "talking" most of the time. He loves his food, balls, bubble baths and hugs & kisses. The two little ones can leave a bathroom, play area in fact any space looking like a war zone!
BUT we would not change this for anything.

Getting to know each other at BH - Aug 2010

Reading with Daddy at the lodge on our way back to Zimbabwe


Have some of my juice.......

Samuel did not bargain on Michael having a will of his own......
he wanted all of Samuel's juice


Michael checking out the drum..........

O yeah, it makes a noise...... even though I can't see over the top!
1 Laundry basket + 2 boys = loads of fun


Is this the best toy ever :)

Brothers ought to look cool :)

Samuel "reading" to Michael, Samuel loves his books


Well done applause on reading & listening


Michael chilling with Yvonne....... she also loves books :)


Michael's 1st Mummy & Me gym - I was one of the
4 "mummies" he had that day, yes all the girls went with :)


Did I mention Michael loves balls & can throw them accurately?


Ellen & Michael and again a ball

Doing "row, row your boat" with Marina - not quite sure if he likes it.

Samuel doing an obstacle course - he has gained so much confidence on the obstacle courses.

Samuel swinging through life with Marina.

Michael knows this face has us wrapped around his finger.

I love watching our children finding their "groove" in our new family.

I love how Michael has found his place in our family.

I love watching our children loving each other.

3 comments:

  1. I've looked at this blog posting a 100 times and each time I'm in awe about the miracle of your family. I really like the blog banner with all the kids and can just see all the love there is!!

    Miss you lots and wish we were closer to get to know the boys better.

    All our love
    Strauss4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with Elzabe!!!!
    Love you and miss you. Anne

    ReplyDelete