Samuel is 3!!!
Looking back to that first day George & I met Samuel it is hard to believe this is the same little boy we collected late on a Sunday afternoon. There is so much to say about this special son of ours. Yes, we have days that are more challenging than others, nights especially is still tough. BUT every day is a blessing; each milestone a celebration. So far this year we have been blessed almost daily with a new milestone - from small things like a new word out of the blue, to bigger things like balancing on a balance beam and walking on tippy toes -for him tippy toes are HUGE :)
How much do we love this little one. The boys & I went to the shops and when we arrived home, Samuel immediately picked up this doll and cuddled it just the way we cuddle them - even doing the necessary baby sounds :)

For his birthday we bought Samuel a miniature jumping castle. Although it sounds like a major toy expense, Samuel needs a safe space to learn balance & jumping. His OT loves this toy and so does both boys....... I've even caught the girls in there :)
Samuel loves a guitar and when we gave him the birthday cake book to page through, guess what he picked. Yes, I know it has more than 3 strings - but what can I say we are 3!!
Samuel uses sign and words to communicate. I love this photo of him showing light after he switched on the bedside lamp. Just look at him trying to get the words right!
Here I'm trying to get him to stand still on his birthday to measure his height - we could not get him to stop laughing long enough to measure him.
Samuel learns a lot through role play / copying others. He loves cleaning with Lucia, he even has his own dust cloth.
Did I mention that he loves a Hoover, not only to push it around & actually vacuum, but he also takes it apart after he saw Lucia clean it one day :)

A friend's son upgraded to a bunk bed & wanted Samuel to have his "baby" bed which is a car bed. Our intention was to paint it first before using it, but Samuel was so excited that the painting will have to wait. Because of his sleep apnea, he seems to sleep better in an upright position - maybe this is taking it a bit far :)
Thank you Lord for Samuel.
Thank you for the tears - some of frustration,some even sorrow but mostly joy,
because that is what love is all about.
We rejoice in each new day with this special son of ours.
Samuel we love you!


I know it is belated, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Samuel and lots of love to you all. I treasure each photo you post Heidi and trust that we get to see you all again one day. God bless!
ReplyDelete