"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Monday, April 11, 2011

Teething, tonsils all in the month of March

Since we removed Samuel's adenoids in December, his breathing improved, but his tonsils didn't. So just after his 3rd birthday we made the decision to rather have them removed. So came March Mommy & the boys went to South Africa and George & the girls remained in Zimbabwe.



Arriving at Johannesburg - 1 nappy bag, 1 laptop bag, 2 boys, 2 prams, 3 suitcases = 1 very stressed out Mommy. Especially since there was a hiccup at immigration with Samuel's visa :)

Oh, did I mention Michael also had a very high fever at the time and did not want anyone near him :( During the first week in South Africa Michael also had a terrible infection of his gums, apart from teething that is, and was not a happy chappy. However it wasn't long before he was up to mischief.


Samuel looking way to adorable in his red pajamas on surgery day.


He did not fancy the "dress" and promptly pulled his arm through - looked more like a Ghanaian kente cloth draping :) which was more to his liking.


God knew that this Mommy doesn't handle surgeries well (not even minor ones) and blessed us with a very healthy Downsie. It was soooo hard for me to leave Samuel in theatre and I was crying more than him when they gave him back to me afterwards.



Despite having lost weight initially, Samuel is currently eating like a typical boy! :) His speech is improving daily, especially when asking for something to eat. One can't help but love this :)


So many people prayed for Samuel for healing not only from the tonsils, but also his sleep apnea. God heard those prayers and Samuel's sleep has improved in leaps & bounds.

I'm constantly made aware of the fact that God loved our children, all of them, even before George & I became their parents.

His hand of protection is strong, constant and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment