"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rest of April

The rest of April had been relatively "quiet" with George and I celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on 26 April. This photo was taken about 10 months into our marriage and around the time that we were told that our dreams of a precious little bundle would most likely not happen without numerous procedures (costing lots of money),a fair amount of tears and absolutely no guarantees of success.But God had other plans.


Yes, the past 25 years had been filled with
- times that we had asked not only each other but also God "why?";
- oceans of tears (both of sorrow and joy);
- definitely "bags of salt" that needed to be worked through.


But God's strength carried us through all, protected us in new countries and above all blessed us more than we could ever have imagined. Our 5 children are a precious gift from God and our family have been blessed with the most amazing friendships in Ghana and Zimbabwe.

God has been and will be the rock we stand on.

No comments:

Post a Comment