"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Friday, August 19, 2011

It's been 1 year already!! :)

A little over 2 years ago a baby boy was born into this family ...........



Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond their control, which included the loss of Michael's mother, they made a love decision to have this precious bundle adopted......


This pastor was one of the many people that God used in Michael's journey into our family.




This adorable little one found his way to BH and then straight into our hearts and family.






Romana & Bernard were such an integral part in the growing of our family. I truly admire their passion for what they do despite everything ........ that includes parents on adoption roller coasters & ALL the emotions and admin that goes with it. :)

Another group of people I truly admire......... they have been awesome! This photo was taken by Mariette after our adoption order was granted. I'm so sorry that in the excitement of it all I didn't get a photo of her with us because she was in court with us - she kept Samuel so quiet during the proceedings (amazing) & prayed !!



Well, what can I say - Michael is the main source of laughter in our home at the moment. He is learning to talk so he repeats everything, yep everything, we say. He keeps us on our toes because you never know what he'll repeat when :)



And then there is this look ........ he uses it often & knows that it is powerful - would you be able to say no to this cutie pie?



Then there is also the pout or kissy face...... another "weapon" he uses freely - from when he does not want to eat his veggies, to just a kiss because he wants to. He is a real little love bug :)



Michael Ayinbota Atua Versfeld - adoption date 19 August 2010
Born is our hearts long before then.

"Thank you Lord for Michael, thank you for a family that loved him enough and people that you had in place long before Michael needed them on his way into our family. Thank you Lord for the unconditional love You stirred in our family's hearts for this little boy. Thank you especially Lord for choosing us, You have blessed us beyond what we deserve."

No comments:

Post a Comment