"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Adoption Day

We were already in week 3 of my stay in Ghana and foolishly I compared it to last year's time frame - which meant I thought I would be on my way home already :)
Having lived in Ghana for 5 years, having been part of the adoption family circle - yes, I should have known better. Also I tried to do things my way instead of waiting, leaning on the only source during a process like this - GOD!
I tried to "bargain" with God in my quiet time, Samuel was really missing his family and he had already been sick the whole time with a tummy bug, but nothing happened. No surprise there :)


I took this photo of Mariette & the boys dancing on the Thursday morning, thinking of how much I have to dance for - I felt ashamed at not trusting God for all we needed for this process.

Already God had provided an amazing family with whom we stayed - they showered Samuel with love; supported me in so many ways and opened their home unconditionally. We had friends and prayer warriors across the world praying with us for all aspects of the process.

Shortly after the dancing photo, literally minutes, the lawyer phoned and asked us to come to court immediately as the judge had reviewed our file & will hear our case if we could get there within the hour.

Laughter, tears, chaos all in one as we got everyone dressed; phoned everyone we knew whilst sitting in the traffic to start praying & ran around at the Circuit Courts trying to find Court 10 - no, they are not in an orderly "line". Again God was good - we found the court, Fati found us just as I thought we were in the wrong place and in we went.



Mariette & I sat scarcely breathing, quietly praying throughout the presentation of our case.
The boys must have known "this was it" as they were equally quiet.
And then the order: "Adoption granted, travel outside of Ghana granted" - words cannot explain, you have to be there.
By lunch time we were home, in awe of how our planned quiet day at home turned out!!

At LIFE group that night, we celebrated a God that loves us beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment