"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trip North - 1 September

I'm at a loss for words for this post. Those who have adopted children from Ghana and who have done the family visits up in Northern Ghana, will know that words can't begin to describe the emotional impact of such a visit.


I am fortunate to have gone North during the rainy season, it is beautiful & green. During the dry season, it is a different story - it is not an easy place to live. However even the water in the rainy season can be an enemy as roads, crops and houses are flooded with water from Burkino Faso.


Michael has a grandmother and two uncles who loves him very much. It was humbling to travel with Bernard and Pastor John to visit them.




I'm so blessed by their acceptance of me as Michael's Mommy & our family as his new family.



Bernard was a blessing on this trip. He helped to explain to the family where Michael would be staying; explained our family setup (a Ghanaian brother had them smiling) and he also explained how we intend to foster Michael's Ghanaian heritage.


As we started our walk back to the car, I looked back at Michael's home with a heart overflowing with a love for his people, now also our people, because for a family to love a child so much............

1 comment:

  1. I'm at a loss for words too Heidi but wanted you to know that my heart is feeling very full as I 'walk' through these photos.... recognising all that they mean...thanking God for his great love for every single one of us, his children...

    ReplyDelete