"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Thursday, June 17, 2010

11 Months ago

I can hardly believe that "Charlie" has been "Samuel" for 11 months already.
On the one hand it feels as if all this happened just the other day,
on the other hand it feels as if he had been with us forever.
It is hard to imagine what our lives would have been without him.
He is so funny, he makes us laugh and brightens our days
as he copies even the smallest things we do.

He has discovered his Daddy's shoes.
He realises that if he wears both, he struggles to walk.
Therefor he opts for maximum mobility and 1 shoe at a time.

I love the way he puts away his shoes.
He saw George putting away his shoes one evening and
the next day when I took of his shoes,
he promptly opened Daddy's cupboard and placed his shoes inside Daddy's.
What an awezim wonder to see these little shoes resting in bigger ones :)



He loves the Masimo music men from Ghana.
His favourites are definitely the piano man and the "guitar" player.
He very carefully selects his "man of the moment" each day
and places it on the floor in front of him to share in playing the instrument.
I love the way he carefully handles the music men :)


We love the way he delicately eats a chocolate sweet.
This one was the last of his Easter collection (which was a huge box!)
from his Sunshine Gretch :)

We love the way he just "works his magic" as he meets new family members.
This was the first time he met Francois, my cousin's husband,
and as Francois got comfortable, so did Samuel.

We love the way he thinks he can be naughty when he thinks he's alone.
I was busy in the kitchen and heard the television go on.
Knowing that Samuel was the only one in the TV room just off the kitchen,
I peeked in with the camera ready.
Must say this was more than I bargained for.......
needless to say, the table was moved yet again -
it was moved there in the first place to keep him from unpacking the DVDs !


We love the way he loves us - what an awezim privilege to be his forever family.

No comments:

Post a Comment