When we re-started home schooling, the girls wanted to unpack more of their books.
It took us a while to find a suitable bookshelf for Yvonne's room, she loves anything antique / old. Unfortunately she still wasn't able to unpack all her books. This girl LOVES her reading :)
The twins decided that they wanted something different, more "funky", with more shelf space in their room. After some discussion, a decision was made on materials needed and I set off trying to find 4 shelves and about 20 bricks..........yes, I know not your normal requirements and an odd request to any Mica (hardware store) clerk.
In the end we were blessed with all our materials and it only cost us our paint :)
The 4 shelves came from the girls' ICDL teacher - I asked her husband if he knew where I could buy shelves, he said "I've got 4 in a storeroom and will be glad to be rid of them."
Last week whilst the girls were attending their ICDL class, Samuel & I went searching for 20 bricks - quite a task as all the suppliers I approached wanted me to buy hundreds. However on one of the back roads on my way to a quarry, a lady stopped me and asked if I was OK since I was crawling along in a vehicle with a South African number plate. After establishing that I was looking for the sales office, she introduced herself as one of the owners, said she had some surplus red bricks after having completed a small building project and promptly had the workers load 20 bricks free of charge :)
Ellen & Marina painted the shelves & bricks and I think overall their project had been a huge success. George is not really a DIY enthusiast so he was very impressed with his girls :)
My Dad however is a very hands on person, he does beautiful woodwork, and these photos are mainly for him. Oupa, we wish you were closer :)
Yes, despite the books being shelved there still isn't enough room for all the puzzle building and beads around the table - which by the way is an 8 seater dining room table :)


No comments:
Post a Comment