"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

Monday, June 14, 2010

Awezim - Festival of Life

June started on a high with the Festival of Life Conference, presented by Joyce Meyer Ministries. This consisted of 2 morning sessions and 3 evening sessions.

As this is Harare, Zimbabwe with broad streets and very few traffic problems (major problems mainly due to traffic lights not working), the girls and I left home at about 7:15am on Friday 4 June to attend the morning conference, starting at 8am.

I thought this would give us more than enough time to get to the venue, collect our conference material and leisurely page through our material prior to the start of worship by Darlene Zschech.

BUT ...............

I did not take into account how God would move over this beautiful country to bring thousands of people from all over to attend the conference.

We sat in bumper to bumper traffic - yes, traffic was similar to Ghana traffic on a Farmer's Day weekend!! :) - for just over 2 hours!!

There is so much I can say about the weekend, sharing it with the girls had been so special :)

The worship was amazing, hearing thousands raise their voices in worship ......... difficult to describe.

The messages from not only Joyce Meyer but also the other Pastors on the team were powerful.

Each delegate was blessed with 3 Joyce Meyer books.

People came from all over, united in their faith - standing in the gap during trying times. Friday night approx 100,000; Saturday night saw about 200,000 coming together and Sunday night more than 210,000. Plus the events were televised!!!


Please visit the Joyce Meyer Ministries site: http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/HandofHope/News/zimbabwe/.htm


Heavenly Father, Thank you

- for people who have a passion and a heart for others in need, not only providing for spiritual needs but also meeting basic food & medical needs;

- for all the role players who worked together in bringing this outreach to Zimbabwe;

- for the renewed Fire burning across Zimbabwe as people testify to the change You brought in their lives;

- for hope, joy, life through Your Son.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment